Finally, this sweet minty has arrived. After such a busy week, I have managed some time to work on this lovely project. DIY is really a therapy for me, my hand is only focus on the beauty of these materials and my mind is only deep into creative thoughts. Here is the first thing for my autumn I want to share with you. Have an enjoyable time with the post.
Step 1 & 2:
- We will need:
– A plastic glasses
– Laces (use as many patterns as you like but they have to be harmony in colors)
– Nail polishes (you can choose 1 or 2 different tones but don’t forget the lacquer one)
– Glue E6000
- Clean your glasses to ensure there is no dust inside the frame.
Step 3 & 4:
- When choosing laces, you should define:
– (1) with an appropriate patterns for the background.
– (2) with large pattern to cut out for decorations.
– (3) with small details for the highlights.
- Cut two pieces of (1) to fit about 3/4 the lenses. You should leave some blank space to see through.
Step 5 & 6:
- Measure the pieces you have with the glasses frame and cut it to an appropriate length.
- Put the pieces on the lense to define which part should be kept and which part should cut out.
Step 7 & 8:
- Try different positions of (2) and (3) to find the decorations you need in its various patterns.
- Cut all the patterns you want into separate pieces.
Step 9 & 10:
- Apply glue on the back of the pieces of lace and put them on the lenses follow this order: background first, decorations after and highlights at last.
- You need to ensure that each layer are dried before you put another on it.
Step 11 & 12:
- Apply nail polishes on the surface of your rhinestones to create the color you desire.
- You should paint at most two thin layers to keep the transparent effect.
Step 13 & 14:
- After nail polishes layers are dried, put on these new rhinestones a little bit of lacquer to make them even brighter.
- Apply glue at the back of the rhinestones and stylize your design with them. I think they are the most appropriate dew for my lace flowers.
And done! You have the Minty Sunnies which looks like the fresh morning dew because of its pastel tone. Hope you like it <3.
I love to wear this Minty one with an oversized pullover and denim short. Something fabulous mixing with sporty items could make a great afternoon. Is that true 🙂 ?
All the photos, graphics and contents on this page are our own creations unless stated otherwise Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam